This cozy chowder, packed with chicken and mushrooms, will warm and fill you up at the same time.
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 qt. unsalted chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Cook garlic, onions, celery, carrots, and thyme. Season with 1 teaspoon salt. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, chicken broth, and bay leaf. Simmer until potatoes are tender, 20 minutes.
- Add chicken, heavy cream, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.