Nothing warms you up on a chilly night like a bowl of chili.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 yellow, orangem and red bell peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream, for garnish
- Scallions, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Cook onion and peppers until softened, 5 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, and chipotle peppers. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and their juices, crushing the whole tomatoes gently with a wooden spoon. Add beans and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until thickened,15 minutes. Stir in chicken and cilantro and continue to cook 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chili in large bowls garnished with sour cream and scallions.